Office address：Room 221, Biology Building
Full Professor, Dept. Biomedical Engineering
National Outstanding Young Scholar
Associate Editor, Bioconjugate Chemistry
Chairman, Contrast Enhanced Imaging Technology Branch of China Pharmaceutical Biotechnology Association
Chairman Designate, Nano Oncology Branch of China Anti Cancer Association
Prof. Dai’s research is focused on sophisticated biomaterials and nanomedicine for the development of advanced drug delivery systems, molecular imaging and sensing of diseased cells and organs. He has published over 200 scientific journal papers on peer-reviewed journals, and delivered over 100 plenary/keynote/invited talks on various conferences. He has developed a new ultrasound contrast agent. Phase I clinical trial has been completed and phase III clinical trial will be completed in 2023. He won two first prizes of Provincial and Ministerial Natural Science, and the P & G Teacher Award.
n Nanomedicine (UG, 3 credits)
n Molecular Imaging (UG, 3 credits)
Education and Experience
n 2012.5 - Present, Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering, Peking University, China
n 2005.3 –2012.5 Professor, School of Life Science and Technology, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
n 2003.3 –2005.3 Postdoctor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Medicine, Emory University, USA
n 2000.6 –2003.3 Postdoctor, Max-Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Germany
n 1999.4 – 2000.4 Postdoctor, Department of Chemistry, School of Sciences, Kwansei Gakuin University, Japan
n 1998.8 – 1999.4 Assistant Researcher, Institute of Photographic Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
n 1995.9 – 1998.7 Ph.D., Institute of Photographic Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
n 2020.1-2024.12 State Key Program of National Natural Science of China (No. 81930047)
Title: Enhancing gene therapeutic efficacy of atherosclerosis by ultrasound combined microbubbles (RMB 2.97 million)
n 2019.7-2022.6 Projects of International Cooperation and Exchanges NSFC-PSF (No. 31961143003)
Title: Integration of Ultrasound and Nanotechnology based Approaches for Enhancing the Therapeutic Efficacy of Prostate Cancer (RMB 1.75 million)
n 2018.1-2022.12 National project for research and development of major scientific instruments (No. 81727803)
Title: Development and application of sonodynamic instruments for cancer diagnosis and treatment (RMB 5.7 million)
n 2016.7~2021.7 National Key Research and Development Program of China (No. 2016YFA0201400)
Title: Multifunctional nanoprobes for minimally invasive interventional diagnosis and therapy of cancer based on molecular imaging navigation (RMB 32 million)
1. Rui Li, Yiming Zhou, Yijia Liu , Xingpeng Jiang, Wenlong Zeng, Zhuoran Gong, Gang Zheng, Desheng Sun*, Zhifei Dai*. Asymmetric, amphiphilic RGD conjugated phthalocyanine for targeted photodynamic therapy of triple negative breast cancer. Signal Transduction and Targeted Therapy 2022, 7, 64.
2. Xiaolong Liang, Min Chen, Pravin Bhattarai, Sadaf Hameed, Yida Tang and Zhifei Dai*. Complementing Cancer Photodynamic Therapy with Ferroptosis through Iron Oxide Loaded Porphyrin-Grafted Lipid Nanoparticles. ACS Nano 2021, 15, 12, 20164–20180.
3. Xiaolong Liang, Min Chen, Pravin Bhattarai, Sadaf Hameed, and Zhifei Dai*. Perfluorocarbon@Porphyrin Nanoparticles for Tumor Hypoxia Relief to Enhance Photodynamic Therapy against Liver Metastasis of Colon Cancer. ACS Nano 2020, 14, 10, 13569–13583.
4. Zhuoran Gong, Min Chen, Qiushi Ren, Xiuli Yue* and Zhifei Dai*. Fibronectin-Targeted Dual-acting Micelles for Combination Therapy of Metastatic Breast Cancer. Signal Transduction and Targeted Therapy 2020, 5, 12.
5. Renfa Liu, Jie Tang, Yunxue Xu, Zhifei Dai*, BRET-FRET Nanobubbles for Bioluminescence/Ultrasound Dual-modal Imaging of Inflammation in Vivo, Bioluminescence Imaging of Inflammation in Vivo Based on Bioluminescence and Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer Using Nanobubbles Ultrasound Contrast Agent. ACS Nano 2019, 13, 55124-5132.
7. Min Chen, Xiaolong Liang, Chuang Gao, Ranran Zhao, Nisi Zhang, Shumin Wang, Wen Chen, Bo Zhao, Jinrui Wang, Zhifei Dai*. Ultrasound Triggered Conversion of Porphyrin/Camptothecin-Fluoroxyuridine Triad Microbubbles into Nanoparticles Overcomes Multidrug Resistance in Colorectal Cancer. ACS Nano 2018, 12, 7312–7326.
8. Xiaolong Liang; Chuang Gao; Ligang Cui; Shumin Wang; Jinrui Wang; Zhifei Dai*, Self-assembly of Amphiphilic Janus Camptothecin-Floxuridine Conjugate into Liposome-like Nanocapsules for More Efficacious Combination Chemotherapy in Cancer，Advanced Materials, 2017, 29, 1703135.
9. Yunxue Xu, Xiaolong Liang, Pravin Bhattarai, Yang Sun, Yiming Zhou, Shumin Wang, Wen Chen, Huiyu Ge, Jinrui Wang, Ligang Cui* and Zhifei Dai*. Enhancing therapeutic efficacy of combined cancer phototherapy by ultrasound-mediated in situ conversion of near-infrared cyanine/porphyrin microbubbles into nanoparticles. Advanced Functional Materials 2017, 27, 1704096.
10. Xiaoyou Wang, Li Lin, Renfa Liu, Min Chen, Binlong Chen, Bo He, Bing He, Xiaolong Liang, Wenbing Dai, Hua Zhang, Xueqing Wang, Yiguang Wang, Zhifei Dai*, Qiang Zhang*, Anisotropy in shape and ligand-conjugation of hybrid nanoparticulates manipulates the mode of bio-nano interaction and its outcome. Advanced Functional Materials 2017, 27, 1700406.